Lichfield Kitchens & Bedrooms Ltd. Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. “The Company” and “We” means Lichfield Kitchens & Bedrooms Ltd, currently trading from 16-18 Britannia Way, Lichfield Staffordshire WS14 9UY.
2. “The Customer” and “You” means the person, firm or company purchasing the goods or services
3. A contract will come into effect between the company and the customer when a quotation has been accepted and a deposit is paid.
4. Whilst we will do our best to deliver and install within the timescales indicated to you, we shall not be liable for any loss or delay.
5. The customer will be responsible for insurance of all goods once they have been delivered to site.
6. All materials may have slight variations in colour, grain or texture and, in accordance with industry standards, will be deemed acceptable by you.
7. Title to the goods shall not pass to you until the goods are paid for in full. We therefore reserve the right to remove the goods, whether installed or otherwise, if they are not paid for in accordance with the contract between us.
8. No employee or sub contractor of The Company has authority to make any oral representation or alteration concerning the price, nature or quality of the company’s products or services unless confirmed by The Company in writing.
9. The work to be carried out will be as per the specification agreed. All illustrations are for demonstration purposes only and are not meant to be an exact rendition.
10. The customer warrants that the premises are structurally suitable for the installation proposed. Unless otherwise stated our quotation for fitting assumes that the kitchen is cleared so far as is possible and any items to be retained are removed by the customer.
11. Suitably located hot and cold water supplies and drainage must be provided and stop taps must be accessible and in good working order.
12. In the event of plastering works being undertaken, customers must be aware that ‘patch up’ plastering may not be suitable for over painting.
13. The customer shall give employees of The Comapany and their sub contractors access to the premises at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspecting the same, delivering and installation.
14. If required by The Company customer shall make sufficient space available prior to delivery for the kitchen to be stored between delivery and commencement of installation.
15. Your plan, with the exception of supply only, will be checked again before manufacture, small changes in size may be made in the interest of obtaining a satisfactory fit.
16. In the case of supply only, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the installer used is competent and adequately qualified to install rigid kitchen units and appliances.We can accept no liability for faulty goods as a result of poor fitting.
17. We reserve the right to exchange goods for others of a similar specification in the event of unavailability.
18. We reserve the right to amend the quotation and plan in the event of any unforeseen circumstances arising or problems manifesting themselves upon installation.
19. Customers are advised to check all sizes on plans and listings prior to ordering. We accept no liability for goods not fitting or being suitable in the case of supply only.
20. In the event of orders placed from architects plans (extensions, modifications and new builds) the customer is responsible for checking that built sizes after plastering comply exactly with the final kitchen plan sizes given. We strongly advise that customers continuously monitor and check sizing, and advise of any discrepancy in good time for alterations to be made prior to manufacture.
21. We accept no liability for goods not fitting if internal dimensions have changed without ample notification. Any on-site modifications will incur an additional charge.
22. Where the customer undertakes to supply items or appliances it is their responsibility to ensure they are the correct size and specification. They must be available on site at the commencement of the installation. If for any reason the customer fails to have them available, causing the installation work to be delayed, any resultant cost incurred by The Company must be borne by the customer.
23. Customers supplying their own appliances or equipment requiring power points, plumbing or venting, must ensure that this work is mentioned in the quotation and that they have supplied with the machine/equipment the relevant installation/venting kits.
24. Where the quotation includes the ducting of an appliance or installation of a waste disposal unit, we reserve the right to withdraw or amend this option if installation proves to be impractical or unsuitable.
25. Should the customer wish to keep existing kitchen units/appliances etc, this must be made clear to The Company at point of sale, as additional costs may be incurred.We will not be liable for any damage to existing kitchen units/appliances during their removal.
26. It is the customer’s responsibility to contact the local council to arrange collection of unwanted refrigerators and freezers.
27. We will endeavour to minimise inconvenience to the customer at all times, however by nature of the work we cannot be held liable for accidental damage, however caused, to existing property. Customers retaining existing floor covering or wall tiling must be aware that patching up work may be required before and/or after installation.
28. Should the customer wish to make changes to the order they are subject to the approval of The Company and any costs and/or delays incurred by The Company arising from such changes must be borne by the customer.
29. Payment is to be made by way of deposit with order, second payment is due 24hours prior to commencement of installation and/or delivery of goods and final balance is due within seven days of completion of works. Payment amounts will be stated within our quotation to you. You agree to pay all monies as stated on your quotation. Extra/additional works will be invoiced separately.
30. You have 7 calendar days from the date of the agreement to cancel your order if an order has been confirmed in your home, in accordance with the Door Step Selling Regulations.
31. Deposits are non-refundable except in extenuating circumstances, to be decided at The Comapanys' discretion.
32. In the event of cancellation, and/or delay, charges will be applicable in accordance with the stage of your order, to indemnify us against all losses. Additional charges for administration, design works and/or fitting costs, including lost time, may be applied at our discretion. You are required to confirm your reason for cancellation in writing and send it by recorded delivery to head office.
33. All furniture, and certain appliances, are specifically manufactured to order only and therefore cannot be returned for refund. All other equipment returned for credit or exchange must be complete and in original packaging, and will be subject to a 30% restocking charge.
34. No claims for damaged goods will be accepted unless notification is given in writing within 7 days of delivery or final installation.
35. All items supplied are covered by individual manufacturers warranties, which are effective from the date of delivery/installation. Installation is guaranteed for 12 months from the completion.
36. Laminate worktops and wooden worktops are not guaranteed against damage caused by ingress of water. We recommend that timber worktops are oiled every 6-8 weeks for the first year, or as and when it is deemed necessary. A good guide to judge whether it is required, is using small beads of water. If they sit on the surface of the worktop without soaking in, then the timber is sufficiently protected.
37. Custom made glass splash backs can take 3 weeks to template, manufacture and install.
38. Solid worktops have a 7-10 turnaround time from templation to installation depending on stock availability.
39. In the event of any delay of installation caused by you, we reserve the right to re-schedule the installation start date to a date of our choosing and if Goods are required to be stored by us for an extended period, this will incur an additional cost.
40. Our free design service consists of two designs, additional designs may incur costs to be decided at The Companies discretion